Burnaby, BC | Full-Time | Start Date: Dec 11, 2024 | Salary: $40K per year
Squirrel serves hospitality clients around the globe. From five-star hotel resorts, to Michelin-star restaurants, to your favorite neighborhood pub, Squirrel’s technology enables amazing guest experiences!
We’re looking for Hospitality professionals with a passion or interest in technology to join our Support team. If you enjoy helping customers and are looking to develop a career with one foot in the hospitality world and the other in the exciting Point-of-Sale industry, this is the role for you!
This is an in-office role and hybrid model may become available after probationary period only. Flexibility to work from home is provided at the sole discretion of the Company, and employees who work from home agree to take responsibility for providing themselves a safe and productive workspace.
Here’s what you will be doing
You will be a Squirrel brand ambassador, providing the best customer experience in every interaction. Working one-on-one with our hospitality clients, you will provide POS support, troubleshooting guidance and training via phone, email, remote support, and live chat. Most of the clients you interact with are friendly restaurant managers looking for assistance with using and configuring their Squirrel POS System or need your help to resolve a technical issue.
In addition, you will be:
Proactive and professional
You answer client questions and address their issues promptly. You know how to balance your day, ask for help when you need it, and quickly assist your team when asked to step in.
Innovative to make some waves
You have a keen eye for details and an analytical mind to identify patterns. You make suggestions to improve how we do things, be efficient and help our customers to elevate their guest experiences.
What You Bring
- Previous work experience in hospitality such as restaurants, bars, hotels and casinos
- Related contact center experience preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Education in technical discipline an asset – Networking/IT/Development/Computer Science
- Proficiency in Office365 and other cloud-based productivity tools an asset
- Must be flexible with schedule to work days, evenings and weekends as required
- Amazing people!!
- Professional development and training
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits for employees and family
- Paid time off, flexible vacation time – plus your birthday off
- Tons of fun social events
- Fully stocked kitchen with subsidized snacks and beverages (bottomless lattes, coffees and hot chocolate!!)
- Opportunities to give back to our community
- Hybrid workplace
We want to grow with you
Squirrel Systems is the world’s most established Point-of-Sale solutions provider. We are shaped by our history and driven to innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing customer experiences! We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for them.
- Think Big, Be Bold: We’re all about thinking outside the box. In fact, there is no box. The possibilities are endless, so we welcome bold and innovative ideas.
- Walk a Mile: By understanding our clients as well as each other, we can achieve our purpose of enabling amazing guest experiences.
- Together We’re Better: We’re stronger as a team. Our Big Hairy Audacious Goal is only possible by learning from one another and working together.
- Do the Right Thing: We take the long view. We choose what’s best for our customer, employees, partners, and shareholders.
- Strive for Excellence: We reject mediocrity. We want to be the best in everything that we do, whether it’s our people, product or processes.
Sound like a team you’d like to join? Then please tell us why you believe you would be the perfect fit to be our next Hospitality-Tech Support Agent (Solution Center Agent) by submitting your application to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply.