Squirrel serves hospitality clients around the globe. From five-star hotel resorts to Michelin-star restaurants, to your favorite neighborhood pub, Squirrel’s technology enables amazing guest experiences!
Scope of Responsibility
Squirrel Systems is looking for a Senior Accountant / Controller to join our Accounting team in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant / Controller will be responsible for the company’s accounting processes, management of day-to-day cash and treasury functions and implementing process efficiency improvements over time. The Senior Accountant / Controller works directly with the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance to complete various accounting tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain a system of controls and monitor day-to-day transactions and conduct full cycle accounting including complete and timely financial statement preparation, financial reporting and entries into the GL, schedules, and audit working papers for year-end financial statements
o Manage day to day activities such as, cash disbursement, cash flow management, AP and general & entity accounting for US and Canadian entities
o Prepare and analyze cash-flow projections
o Assist payroll administrator with the preparation of scheduled payroll runs
o Preparation and processing of monthly journal entries
o Preparation of monthly general ledger account transactions and bank reconciliations o Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
Support with internal budget preparation and audit preparation
Manage sales reporting
Manage US and Canadian tax remittances and tax information requests
Assist with developing additional internal reports for month-end financial review, including a monthly variance analysis for the income statement and balance sheet
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Director of Finance
Desired Skills / Experience / Education
College or university degree or related certificate/diploma in accounting or finance
Minimum 3 years relevant experience performing full cycle accounting
Dynamic self-starter with the ability to adapt to new circumstances
Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to analyze, research and rectify accounting variances
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Previous experience working with hospitality technology or restaurant technology industry not required but would be a strong asset
We want to grow with you
Squirrel Systems is the world’s most established Point-of-Sale solutions provider. We are shaped by our history and driven to innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing customer experiences! We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for them.
- Think Big, Be Bold: We’re all about thinking outside the box. In fact, there is no box. The possibilities are endless, so we welcome bold and innovative ideas.
- Walk a Mile: By understanding our clients as well as each other, we can achieve our purpose of enabling amazing guest experiences.
- Together We’re Better: We’re stronger as a team. Our Big Hairy Audacious Goal is only possible by learning from one another and working together.
- Do the Right Thing: We take the long view. We choose what’s best for our customer, employees, partners, and shareholders.
- Strive for Excellence: We reject mediocrity. We want to be the best in everything that we do, whether it’s our people, product or processes.
- Competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and paid time off.
- Professional development reimbursement and training.
- Tons of fun social events and opportunities to give back to our community.
Sound like a team you’d like to join? Then please tell us why you believe you would be the perfect fit by submitting your application.
While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply.