Squirrel serves hospitality clients around the globe. From five-star hotel resorts to Michelin-star restaurants, to your favorite neighborhood pub, Squirrel’s technology enables amazing guest experiences!
Here’s what you will be doing
Squirrel Systems is looking for a Direct Sales Representative for Small & Medium Business (SMB)
restaurants to join our Sales Team. Reporting to the Director of SMB Sales, the Direct Sales
Representative will be responsible for generating new business in an assigned territory. The individual will
generate revenue through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of
ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Other duties include maintaining a thorough, up to
date knowledge of new Squirrel products and services. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this
This is a quota carrying position, so the successful candidate will be expected to consistently meet or
exceed monthly sales targets and other key performance indicators. Compensation includes a base
salary, commissions on self-generated sales revenue, and bonuses for quota achievement.
Specific duties include
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers in an
assigned territory to generate and maximize revenue
- Develop and implement action plans for meeting and exceeding sales targets, including
identification of sales prospects and follow up
- Coordinate and deliver dynamic web-based sales presentations and online product
- Prepare clear and effective written proposals and quotations (including hardware, software and
services) for prospective and current customers
- Opening new accounts and continuously updating customers on product changes
- Proactively manage opportunities with existing and prospective customers through all stages of
the sales cycle
- Coordinate sales and support efforts with sales management, marketing, finance, and other
departments as needed
- Update all sales activity in the corporate CRM system and prepare reports as required by the
Director of Sales
- Create sales leads and initiate prospect calls
- Establish ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures, and tools by attending training and
- Maintain code of ethics, integrity, and passion at all times\
- Other duties as required
What You Bring
- Strong Sales Experience with a background in hunting for new business
- 2+ years outside business-to-business sales experience preferred
- Bilingual fluency in English and French is preferred
- Very good knowledge of hospitality business process, ideally with restaurants
- Experience with Point-of-Sale Solutions an asset
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Effective communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to write clearly and effectively, for example, in emails and price quotations
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Amazing people!!
- Professional development and training.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits for employees and family.
- Paid time off, flexible vacation time – plus your birthday off.
- Tons of fun social events.
- Fully stocked kitchen with subsidized snacks and beverages (bottomless lattes, coffees and hot chocolate!!)
- Opportunities to give back to our Community.
We want to grow with you
Squirrel Systems is the world’s most established Point-of-Sale solutions provider. We are shaped by our history and driven to innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing customer experiences!
We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for them.
• Think Big, Be Bold: We’re all about thinking outside the box. In fact, there is no box. The
possibilities are endless, so we welcome bold and innovative ideas.
• Walk a Mile: By understanding our clients as well as each other, we can achieve our
purpose of enabling amazing guest experiences.
• Together We’re Better: We’re stronger as a team. Our Big Hairy Audacious Goal is only
possible by learning from one another and working together.
• Do the Right Thing: We take the long view. We choose what’s best for our customer,
employees, partners, and shareholders.
• Strive for Excellence: We reject mediocrity. We want to be the best in everything that we
do, whether it’s our people, product or processes.
Sounds like a team you’d like to join? Please let us know why you’d be a great fit for the Direct Sales
Representative role. Submit your application to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply.