Do you love working with numbers and building relationships? Do you like technology? Want to be part of a collaborative team?
Here’s what you will be doing
We are looking for a detailed oriented and motivated accounting professional to provide exceptional customer service and support to our customers.
As the go-to person for Accounts Receivable of Squirrel’s Point-Of-Sale Systems, you will be responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services. Working as part of the Finance/Administration team, you will maintain ledgers, credit balances, and resolve account irregularities. You will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and other accounting transactions related to A/R management.
This position involves frequent interactions with customers to provide billing information and support to facilitate swift payment of invoices, as well as collaborating internal teams (Sales, Implementations, etc) to achieve company goals. If you have amazing follow-through skills and enjoy connecting with people, this is the role for you!
Specific duties include:
• Review and approve sales orders; process and post credit card payments
• Perform routine collections activities on overdue accounts
• Daily reconciliation of cheques
• Answer customer account inquires
• Strive to achieve monthly AR Target
• Prepare statements
• Resolve issues and escalate when appropriate
• Correspond with collection agencies
• Perform other accounting duties as assigned
What You Bring:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Accounts Receivable/Collections in a B2B environment
• Ability to conduct timely collection of accounts while maintaining superior customer relationships
• College level accounting classes or Accounting diploma preferred
• Experience with excel and knowledge of accounting systems
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
• Excellent diplomatic, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving skills
- Amazing people!!
- Professional development reimbursement and training
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits for employees and family
- Paid time off, flexible vacation time – plus your birthday off
- Tons of fun social events, including movie nights, fitness days (bootcamp anyone?), birthday
celebrations and Friday socials
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (bottomless lattes, coffees and hot chocolate!!)
- Opportunities to give back to our community
- Work-from-home arrangements may be available, providing the candidate is able to comply with Squirrel’s Work From Home Policy (details to be provided during the interview process).
We want to grow with you
Squirrel Systems is a hospitality technology pioneer. We are shaped by our history and driven to
innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing guest experiences!
We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our
technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and
about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We
know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for
possibilities are endless, so we welcome bold and innovative ideas.
enabling amazing guest experiences.
possible by learning from one another and working together.
employees, partners, and shareholders.
whether it’s our people, product or processes.
Sound like a team you’d like to join? Then please tell us why you believe you would be the perfect fit by submitting your application to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply.