Squirrel serves hospitality clients around the globe. From five-star hotel resorts to Michelin-star restaurants, to your favorite neighborhood pub, Squirrel’s technology enables amazing guest experiences!
Here’s what you will be doing
Do you love working with numbers and building relationships? Do you like technology? Want to be part of a collaborative team? We are looking for a detailed oriented and motivated accounting professional to provide exceptional customer service and support to our customers.
As the go-to person for Accounts Receivable of Squirrel’s Point-Of-Sale Systems, you will be responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services. Working as part of the Finance/Administration team, you will maintain ledgers, credit balances, and resolve account irregularities. You will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and other accounting transactions related to A/R management.
This position involves frequent interactions with customers to provide billing information and support to facilitate swift payment of invoices, as well as collaborating internal teams (Sales, Implementations, etc.) to achieve company goals. If you have amazing follow through skills and enjoy connecting with people, this is the role for you!
Specific Duties Include
Review and approve sales orders; process and post credit card payments
Perform routine collections activities on overdue accounts
Daily reconciliation of cheques
Answer customer account inquires
Strive to achieve monthly AR Target
Resolve issues and escalate when appropriate
Correspond with collection agencies
Perform other accounting duties as assigned
What You Bring
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable/Collections in a B2B environment
Ability to conduct timely collection of accounts while maintaining superior customer relationships
College level accounting classes or Accounting diploma preferred
Experience with excel and knowledge of accounting systems
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
Excellent diplomatic, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Amazing people!!
- Professional development and training
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits for employees and family
- Paid time off, flexible vacation time – plus your birthday off
- Tons of fun social events
- Opportunities to give back to our community
We want to grow with you
Squirrel Systems is the world’s most established Point-of-Sale solutions provider. We are shaped by our history and driven to innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing customer experiences!
We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for them.
- Think Big, Be Bold: We’re all about thinking outside the box. In fact, there is no box. The possibilities are endless, so we welcome bold and innovative ideas.
- Walk a Mile: By understanding our clients as well as each other, we can achieve our purpose of enabling amazing guest experiences.
- Together We’re Better: We’re stronger as a team. Our Big Hairy Audacious Goal is only possible by learning from one another and working together.
- Do the Right Thing: We take the long view. We choose what’s best for our customer, employees, partners, and shareholders.
- Strive for Excellence: We reject mediocrity. We want to be the best in everything that we do, whether it’s our people, product or processes.
Sound like a team you’d like to join? Then please tell us why you believe you would be the perfect fit for the Implementations Specialist role. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply.