Burnaby, BC | Full-Time | Start Date: ASAP | Salary Range: $80K – $100K per year
Squirrel serves hospitality clients around the globe. From five-star hotel resorts to Michelin-star
restaurants to your favourite neighbourhood pub, Squirrel’s technology enables amazing guest
This could be you
People are your passion. Employee engagement is your focus. You love connecting with others to
create a people-focused, collaborative, and high-performance culture. You understand that values
influence culture, and culture influences brand. You operate as a trusted advisor and brand ambassador.
If you are a passionate people-focused hands-on Human Resource Professional seeking to drive
organizational success, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you will be doing
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the HR Manager will drive a people-focused and high-performance culture
that emphasizes employee collaboration and engagement.
You understand what it takes to be a partner to the business. You work well with senior leadership teams
to execute the HR function in a way that supports Squirrel’s strategic priorities anchored by our core
values. You are not afraid to dig into the tactical day-to-day work, and your attention to detail and
organizational skills are outstanding.
You will implement and oversee all aspects of Human Resource functions to 125 team members across
North America (Canada and the US). We are seeking someone who will be a fantastic ambassador of
the company’s brand and culture, both internally and externally.
Specific duties include
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Human Resource function, including recruitment,
onboarding, training and development, policies & procedures, benefits, employee relations, health
& safety, as well as overseeing adjacent aspects of the employee experience, such as office and
facilities management, and event planning
- Provide required training for all Squirrel Systems staff on a variety of topics including policies and
procedures; health and safety; process and change management
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations by executing necessary policies and procedures
- Act as a trusted advisor on people and workplace matters
- Oversee the performance management process, including goal setting, performance reviews,
compensation practices, and individual development plans
- Partner with all team members in promoting a strong culture, positive employee experience, and
a great place to work
- Anticipate and identify emerging issues, trends and problems that affect the policies and
programs of Squirrel Systems
- Identify and address issues that affect the overall health of the organization; morale,
effectiveness, turnover, absenteeism and productivity
- Oversee the maintenance of employee benefit programs
What you Bring
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressive Human Resource roles
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) certification is an asset
- Strong understanding of Employment Standards and Employment Law within Canada and the US
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of confidentiality, professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
- Adaptable, with the ability to be both hands-on and strategic
- Amazing people!!
- Professional development and training
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits for employees and family
- Paid time off, flexible vacation time – plus your birthday off
- Tons of fun social events
- Fully stocked kitchen with subsidized snacks and beverages (bottomless lattes, coffees and
- Opportunities to give back to our community
We want to grow with you
Squirrel Systems is the world’s most established Point-of-Sale solutions provider. We are shaped by our history and driven to innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing customer experiences!
We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for them.
• Think Big, Be Bold: We’re all about thinking outside the box. In fact, there is no box. The
possibilities are endless, so we welcome bold and innovative ideas.
• Walk a Mile: By understanding our clients as well as each other, we can achieve our purpose of
enabling amazing guest experiences.
• Together We’re Better: We’re stronger as a team. Our Big Hairy Audacious Goal is only
possible by learning from one another and working together.
• Do the Right Thing: We take the long view. We choose what’s best for our customer,
employees, partners, and shareholders.
• Strive for Excellence: We reject mediocrity. We want to be the best in everything that we do,
whether it’s our people, product or processes.
Sound like a team you’d like to join? Then please tell us why you believe you would be the perfect fit to be
our next HR Manager and include a cover letter that recounts the most important aspects of building a
strong HR team. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply.