Squirrel serves hospitality clients around the globe. From five-star hotel resorts, to Michelin-star restaurants, to your favorite neighborhood pub, Squirrel’s technology enables amazing guest experiences!
This could be you
Do you love the creative process of bringing a brand story to life? Are you obsessed with ensuring communications and campaigns are always on brand? Are you always looking for new ways to measure the impact of your marketing communications work?
Reporting to VP, Marketing, you will own Squirrel’s brand story and our reputation in the global hospitality technology market. You will be responsible for the brand strategy as well as the execution of a strong communications and PR plan to support Squirrel’s growth targets. This includes Squirrel’s thought leadership, content, PR and analyst relations programs and all customer and partner related events.
Squirrel customers are some of the biggest and most recognizable restaurant and resort brands globally. They include well known celebrity chef restaurant chains and hotel brands from the trendiest New York City boutique hotels to the best five-star resorts. This is a great opportunity for a brand and communications professional to work with one of Vancouver’s unique technology stories in a rapidly changing and ultra-exciting industry.
Here’s what you will be doing:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing a compelling brand story that resonates with customers, partners and employees alike. Create and socialize the Squirrel brand story with employees and ensure it is represented in all communication we have with customers and partners.
- Ensure Squirrel’s brand story is equally well presented on our website, at industry tradeshows and within our offices.
- As the brand steward, ensure all of Squirrel’s executives and spokespeople are media trained and consistently represent the brand.
- Plan and flawlessly execute Squirrel customer and partner advisory events in our top North American markets.
- Elevating brand visibility and reach through thoughtful content, PR and social media campaigns.
- Measure and baseline Squirrel’s reputation and reach in the hospitality technology market.
- Create a content strategy that leverages our history of innovation and our knowledge of the hospitality industry to keep us top of mind with our target customers.
- Build a communications plan to ensure we increase our reach within our market as measured against our competitors.
- Oversee the execution by Squirrel’s PR firm and drive our social media programs such that Squirrel’s passionate employees and partners are telling our story.
- Educating and inspiring industry influencers to promote the brand story.
- Manage the interactions with the individuals and organizations that influence buying behavior in the hospitality technology market.
- Ensure these influencers are always up to date as to Squirrel’s story, new product offerings and our position as a market leader.
What you bring
- A Marketing or Business degree. (BA/BS)
- A minimum of 8 years of marketing communications experience in a B2B technology company.
- Demonstrated experience creating a new brand story or refreshing an existing brand within the technology space.
- Experience running social media programs engaging employees, partners and customers.
- Proven experience running PR and AR programs that deliver tangible results.
- Ability to build and lead a team of internal or external PR and marketing communication professionals.
- Expert writing and editing skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and for a variety of media.
- Experience in the hospitality technology or restaurant technology industry appreciated but not required.
We want to grow with you:
Squirrel Systems is a hospitality technology pioneer. We are shaped by our history and driven to innovate. We believe in service, and stand behind our purpose of enabling amazing customer experiences! We are big thinkers; we can’t stay still. We are constantly challenging the status quo. This goes for our technology and ourselves. Learning and growth are at our core. We care deeply about each other and about each customer we connect with. We know that amidst the chaos, integrity goes a long way. We know that our customers have choice, and over and over again, we prove that we are the right partner for them.
Sound like a team you’d like to join? Then talk to us today about our career opportunities at Squirrel. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, training and paid time off. We have tons of fun social events and we are actively involved in our community!
Let us know why you want to work at Squirrel and why you would be a fit as our Senior Manager, Brand & Marketing Communications . While we thank all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Squirrel, we value diversity. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls. We are successful because of the unique voice our employees bring to our company, our products and our community. We encourage all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to apply. APPLY NOW