The Inside Sales team is growing again! We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Inside Sales Representative to join our growing Sales Team based out of our corporate head office. Squirrel Systems is a leading Point of Sale Technology provider to the global hospitality industry. If you are a proven sales performer in hospitality and technology sales and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, Squirrel may be right for you.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling hardware, software, and services associated with implementing new and upgraded systems or add-on components to existing customers and new prospects.
This is a quota carrying position, so the successful candidate will be expected to consistently meet or exceed monthly sales targets and other key performance indicators. Compensation includes a base salary and commissions on self-generated sales revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling products and services to small and medium sized independent restaurant operators
- Ability to grow an extensive and qualified pipeline
- Weekly and monthly reporting on sales forecasts
- Coordinate and deliver dynamic web-based sales presentations and online product demonstrations
- Prepare clear and effective written proposals and quotations (including hardware, software and services) for prospective and current customers
- Opening new accounts and continuously updating customers on product changes
- Proactively manage opportunities with existing and prospective customers through all stages of the sales cycle
- Coordinate sales and support efforts with sales management, marketing, finance, and other departments as needed
- Update all sales activity in the corporate CRM system and prepare reports as required by the Director of Sales
- Create sales leads and initiate prospect calls.
- Establish ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and departmental meetings.
- Maintain code of ethics, integrity and passion at all times.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong Sales Experience with a background in hunting for new business
- 2+ years outside business to business sales experience preferred
- Very good knowledge of hospitality business process, ideally with restaurants
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Effective communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to write clearly and effectively; for example, in emails and price quotations
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Post-secondary education in a related field