We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Direct Sales Representative to join our growing Sales Team.
The Account Manager will be responsible for generating new business development for an assigned territory. The individual will also develop his or her revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Other duties include maintaining a thorough, up to date knowledge of new Squirrel products and services. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
This is a quota carrying position, so the successful candidate will be expected to consistently meet or exceed monthly sales targets and other key performance indicators. Compensation includes a base salary, and commissions on self-generated sales revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling products and services to small and medium sized independent restaurant operators
- Ability to grow an extensive and qualified pipeline
- Weekly and monthly reporting on sales forecasts
- Coordinate and deliver dynamic web-based sales presentations and online product demonstrations
- Prepare clear and effective written proposals and quotations (including hardware, software and services) for prospective and current customers
- Opening new accounts and continuously updating customers on product changes
- Proactively manage opportunities with existing and prospective customers through all stages of the sales cycle
- Coordinate sales and support efforts with sales management, marketing, finance, and other departments as needed
- Update all sales activity in the corporate CRM system and prepare reports as required by the Director of Sales
- Create sales leads and initiate prospect calls.
- Establish ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and departmental meetings.
- Maintain code of ethics, integrity and passion at all times.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong Sales Experience with a background in hunting for new business
- 2+ years outside business to business sales experience preferred
- Very good knowledge of hospitality business process, ideally with restaurants
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Effective communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to write clearly and effectively; for example, in emails and price quotations
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Post-secondary education in a related field