An exciting opportunity exists on the Software Development team! We are looking for an amazing Intermediate Software Developer who thrives on challenges and has a passion for helping others to join our team. Squirrel Systems is a leading Point of Sale Technology provider to the global hospitality industry. If you are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service, Squirrel could be right for you.
The Intermediate Software Developer is responsible for the design, maintenance and coding of software within the Squirrel Point of sales system.
The Developer is also responsible for working on bugs and issues that are discovered by our clients by acting as a Tier 4 escalation point. The Intermediate Software Developer leads the investigation into designs and bugs and provides constructive and meaningful feedback to the larger team with a quick turnaround. Being on call for high criticality issues will be necessary.
The developer will be working with a larger team and under the mentorship of a Senior Software Developer. The Intermediate Software Developer is expected to research and evaluate new technologies and tools, and champion useful methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with senior team members on analysis and design documentation
- Design and implement quality software by applying sounds development practices
- Perform unit tests and integrate software components based on specifications
- Participate in the review of requirements, design, code and QA test cases
- Collaborate with QA, product management, documentation, marketing, support and implementation team
- Act as Tier 3 support for customer related issues
- Assist with client issues and bug escalations in a timely fashion
- On call work maybe required based on a preset schedule.
- Assist in mentoring of junior team members
Closing Date: February 15, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.